Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Training the 1950s Tween in the Ways of Erotic Objectification



We don't recall ever having a 'training bra,' or a 'psychological need' that went unsatisfied for one, but then again, we never enjoyed cinematic, half-clothed embraces near the window with our mother as 'beTweenagers,' either. In spite of this, we somehow learned the importance of eroticizing our breasts by pushing them up into perfectly rotund and symmetrical masses on our chest. And THANK GOD, too, because otherwise we might look like the unfortunate slob pictured below sans Titzling.


4 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

{snort} I need a good titsling ;)

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Aw. I was really hoping there was an actual product called a Titzling.

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

wow I don't think mine ever sat on my chest where the girl's on the right are, even as a tween....

Desiree said...

I had a training bra and my need was partly psychological in that, in the 5th grade, I was the only one of my friends that didn't wear a bra of any kind. It made me feel cooler to have a bra.

I can't believe you never wanted a bra when you where a *tween*! I envy girls who avoided embarrassing Judy Blume moments.