Sunday, November 08, 2009

Because I'm Worth It


It's rare that I keep any of my thrifted treasures for myself--both because I so rarely come across petite sizes and because such hoarding would soon become economically unsustainable--but I did manage to cajole myself into keeping a few items from this month's sweep. Everything featured in the first two photos came from a multi-home estate sale while the 1940s pumps were plucked from a neighborhood Cancer Society shop once they were judiciously marked down 50% to a cool $20. Now to find an occasion...

giraffe

DSC09509

(pssst: The giraffe's fantastically yellow brother is available in ye olde shoppe.)

9 comments:

Coco said...

Lovely item!

Oh! that little giraffe brooch is so cute ;)

-Coco

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Oooh, those SHOES! And fun dresses with crinolines!

I love the giraffe. He reminds me of my Lucy dog with that oversize out of proportion head.

Stéphanie said...

I love everything !

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Love those shoes and the brooch is so darling!!

Paige said...

I wish I was shorter, I would wear mad high shoes! Sadly though, when I do put on my platform pumps I'm like six two or six three.
Great shoes, and AWESOME brooch
Midwestdarling

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous, darling!

xoxox,
CC

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

Oh, those shoes are ultra-fab.

Margaret said...

lots of hearting going on in my black ole tarry heart.

specially the giraffe family.

My Vintage Addiction said...

Love, love, LOVE those skirts!