Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pedagogy of Style


pedagogy of style

Top Left
: Marie Curie Bottom Left: Miss Geist of
Clueless

The stylish ladies over at academichic (who I first virtually encountered last year on wardrobe_remix) offer up an enviable daily dose of classroom-worthy ensembles that defy the 'frumpy professor' cliché trotted out in most every film about the poor schlumps who--despite appalling pay and a rapidly declining social currency--work tirelessly to teach beer-soaked youth what it means to be good citizens of this cold, dark world. While these ladies can thrift with the best of 'em, they admittedly don't incorporate much vintage into their looks. Since most of my teaching wardrobe is vintage, I thought I'd try my hand at a university-approved vintage look. I'd model something myself, but since I'm on a writing fellowship this year, I'm not allowed to get out of the house (or, more importantly, my pajamas).

The Look (L-R):
Vintage Pleated Teal Green Necktie via huzzahvintage ($12)
Handmade Hoop Earrings via FleurAvenue ($13)
Vintage Black and Light Gray Striped Top via theauroravintage ($26)
Vintage 60s Girl Friday Blazer via NodtoMod ($40)
Vintage Wool Accordion Pleat Skirt in Black via huzzahvintage ($32)
Vintage Tan Travel Bag via NinthAvenueVintage ($30)
Vintage Marbled Caramel Heels via huzzahvintage ($32)
Vintage Gold and White Kramer Clip Bangle Bracelet via elegantKB ($5)

0 comments: