Monday, December 21, 2009

A Very Avant Christmas


I found the perfect Christmas present for The Boy while searching through mixed media assemblages on etsy, but, alas, it is unavailable and by now presumably adorning the home of some other quasi-bourgeois 30-something intent on starting her art collection.

baby

Ah, well. There's still this lovely piece that I've been eyeing for literally three months. Too bad The Boy does not share my enthusiasm for its clever surrealist treatment of life in a post-9/11 world. (I just made up that interpretation, by the way.):

il_fullxfull.29671655

5 comments:

MAB from OtterCatHaus said...

That shadowbox piece is amazing.

alexkeller said...

well, my dear - we have totally different tastes, but shouldn't you have one of those doll parts necklaces by Louise Black?

T.Allen said...

Someone beat you to it, eh? That bites...it's happened to me a few times as well. Good luck finding something equally fab...

Jessica said...

Oh man. DE.NIED. And what?!? Can't you just go and pick another pressed baby arm collage up at your local Target?

delainey said...

i'm glad that you like my found vintage doll parts...i just put a new piece (a little bigger) in my etsy shop.
check it out-3deeglasses